Sunday 1 April 2012

Women's day - out on the toon

One day in March I was chatting with some of the female teachers from the  primary school of Hoys College. The headteacher informed me the following day was 'Women's day' when traditionally women have a day off and men are supposed to do all the work both domestically and in the workplace. Christine suggested that I should take her, Martha and Susan out on the town for a couple of hours. Of course I didn't hesitate...

I understood that I would be providing the cash for food and drink.
The group however gathered in number to about 14 female and male teachers !


Delicious pork for everyone and 3 rounds of drinks at the Dizz Motel came to about 100,000 Ugandan shillings... under £30... great value by mzungu standards...

Shake it, Headteacher!


1 comment:

  1. Can we have some more clips of dancing please? So cool!
    Someone, give this man a TV travel series.

    ReplyDelete